We value your trust and take the protection of your personal information very seriously. This document outlines the way in which we collect, hold, secure, use and share your personal information. We encourage you to read it, so that you are comfortable with what we do and can help us improve your experiences with us.
If you have any questions regarding its contents, we invite you to contact at email@example.com
- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold
- how we collect and hold it
- the purposes for which we collect, hold and use it
- how we secure it
- your right to access and correct it
- What is personal information?
As defined by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), "personal information" means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
b. whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Any time we use the term “personal information” in this policy, we are referring to this legal definition of the term.
- What kinds of personal information does HAND IN HAND ACTIVITY KITS PTY LTD collect and hold and how does HAND IN HAND ACTIVITY KITS PTY LTD s collect it?
We always want to provide you with the highest level of service, so we collect and hold personal information necessary for our business activities and to enable us to provide the information, goods or services you might be looking for. If we do not collect the information, we may not be able to provide these things.
We collect your personal information directly from you when you activate or use our services, interact with us, either in person, over the telephone or electronically (e.g. via websites, apps, social media posts, chats, telephone, emails and/or SMS) or as otherwise permitted by law. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties, including Endeavour Group (which includes BWS):
Below are some examples of personal information we may collect from you and how we collect that information:
When you register to participate in one of our loyalty programs or when you use your loyalty card:
- your contact details
- date of birth and gender
- payment card and transaction details
- information about purchases for which you earn loyalty points as well as your use of those loyalty points
When you shop with us, including online, or browse our sites or apps:
- your contact details and loyalty card number
- information about your orders and purchases, including what, how, and when you buy from us
- we may ask for your ID, such as your driver’s licence, if you purchase alcohol or tobacco or other forms of identification so that you can use certain services we provide
- whether you have taken up or subscribed to any of our offerings such as clubs or loyalty programs, financial services products including insurance and credit cards or our apps
- information about your online browsing behaviour on our internet sites and apps, including promotions you activated, as well as items you have added to your carts
- information collected and held via our secure financial systems about the payment method you use for your purchases from us
- like many websites, tracking technologies, such as "cookies", are used to obtain certain types of information such as application activities, current location of your device, type and version of your browser, your device ID and other device metrics when you visit our websites, apps or our trusted partners’ websites or apps (see Cookie Statement for details)
- images and videos that you post online to facilitate our service provision or sales promotions
- information we collect via our apps on mobile devices or smart devices (e.g. smart watches), for example the current location of your device, type and version of your browser and, your device ID and other device metrics, as allowed by your device permissions
When you contact us or we contact you to take part in competitions, promotions, testimonials, reviews, surveys, focus groups or make other enquiries:
- your contact details and loyalty card number
- whether you activated the promotion
- the content of online communications with you, including competitions, promotions, feedback, reviews, ratings, comments and images included on any of our websites, apps or social media pages or any of our other digital services
- an electronic copy of the written communication or voice recording of the conversation
When you visit us in person, including for events:
- your contact details and loyalty card number for in-store services such as pick up, home delivery or special orders
- we may ask for your ID, such as your driver’s licence, if you purchase alcohol or tobacco
- cameras (including security and smart cameras) may record footage and other data which may identify you
- your contact details if security or team members are investigating whether you may have breached any store procedures or if you are injured in any one of our stores or are witness to an incident
- any other information that you provide to us (for example if you choose to leave your details with us for recruitment or other purposes)
From time to time we may also collect personal information about you from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalisation of our service to you, and detect fraud.
For example, we may collect personal information from:
- our trusted partners to confirm your membership of the loyalty program, e.g. to convert Everyday Rewards points to your Qantas membership
- information service providers to improve data quality, e.g. we validate addresses with Australia Post to improve your delivery experience
- financial services organisations for fraud prevention
- Do I have to provide my name?
For many of our services, you generally have the option not to give us your name and can use a pseudonym if you prefer.
We may need your real name and a valid ID for specific purposes or where we are required to ask by law.
- Can I provide someone else’s personal information to HAND IN HAND ACTIVITY KITS PTY LTD?
Yes, you may provide someone else’s personal information to us, for example,
- when you purchase a gift for others; or
- place an order on someone else’s behalf.
You must have their consent beforehand and we may ask you to provide evidence of that consent. You should not provide someone else’s information if you don’t have their consent, or for malicious purposes.
- Do you collect my sensitive information?
Some of our products and services, like health-related and insurance services, may require us to collect (or result in us collecting) your “sensitive information” from you or from other sources. ‘Sensitive information’ is defined in the Privacy Act and includes information like health information. Sensitive information is only obtained with your consent or in certain limited permitted situations.
- How does HAND IN HAND ACTIVITY KITS PTY LTD secure my personal information?
Your personal information is important to us. We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
Any personal information we hold is generally stored electronically in computers or cloud systems operated by us or by our service providers. We implement a range of information security measures and encryption protocols when we handle your personal information to protect it from unauthorised access, loss, misuse or wrongful alteration.
We may collect information from your current device using cookies or other technologies, including your online browsers or apps to protect your account security. See Section 3 for examples of what kinds of information we may collect.
We use security measures such as physical and technical security access controls or other safeguards, information security technologies, policies, procedures and training programs to ensure the security of your personal information.
We protect your payment card details with encryption and hashing methods. Do not include your full card details when you communicate with us via email, SMS or chat messages. If we have to make a reference to your payment card number, we will only refer to the last four digits in any form of written communications.
- For what purposes does HAND IN HAND ACTIVITY KITS PTY LTD collect, hold and use my personal information?
We primarily collect, hold and use your personal information to supply, promote and sell goods and services that you have requested, or which may be of interest to you, so that we can improve and personalise your experiences. This may also include the products and services of our suppliers and trusted partners.
We may use your personal information for purposes which are incidental to the sale and promotion of our goods and services, or for other purposes which are within your reasonable expectation or permitted by law.
In addition, your personal information may be used for the following purposes:.
- Communication: To send you offers and other communications that may be of interest to you.
- Create and maintain your loyalty account: To capture and reward your shopping behaviour, and to provide customer support if needed.
- Investigation: To assist in responding to your complaints or enquiries and to undertake investigations.
- Fraud detection and security: To verify your identity and to detect fraud activities. We may conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and financial engagement.
- Improve our services and customer experience: To analyse performance, improve our systems and improve the usability, functionality and effectiveness of our services.
- Analysis: To analyse your personal information in an anonymised and combined way when we communicate with you about your preferences; for example weekly personalised specials.
- Corporate services: Allow us to provide support services, including recruitment services, to third parties such as Endeavour Group.
- Marketing communications
You can opt out of commercial electronic messages (e.g.) emails and SMS), by
- using the unsubscribe facility in any commercial electronic message; or
- for in-app notifications and advertising on certain websites and social media, by adjusting your device setting or online privacy settings.
- How can I access my personal information?
You have a right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. You can access or correct your personal information on your online profile via your online account at any time.
However, before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require verification of proof of identity. There is no charge to submit a request to correct or access your personal information, however, we may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your personal information if your request requires substantial effort on our part.
If you would like a copy of the personal information held by us about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us at email@example.com. It is your right to have your personal information corrected.