A world of play: discovering creativity with craft kits
Some of the bestselling arts and crafts kits on the modern market include the likes of lovable animals, vibrant and colourful collections and plenty of educational pieces. Combined, all of this creates a hugely beneficial ability for children of all ages to occupy their curious minds, and apply those ever-critical skills of problem-solving, decision-making and imaginative thinking.
Better yet, a majority of products also allow you to find the perfect solution for certain ages, ensuring the designs are well-suited to their skill level and abilities. But when there’s so much choice on offer, where do you start with finding ideal, age-appropriate kits that will keep your little ones busy (especially on those rainy Sundays)?
Get creative with Australian crafts for kids
A part of the wonderful world of learning is the ability to explore all the aspects of life around us. Dedicated to our native wonders, we believe Australian animal craft ideas for kids are a great way to get started in this journey, ultimately creating super-fun, rewarding projects and learning about the flora and fauna of the country at the same time.
Some options in our range are formed around this notion, embracing the Aussie spirit in a plethora of much-loved, recognisable animals, such as:
- Corroboree Frog: Arts and crafts activities that include role-play and the introduction to numbers and shapes.
- Koala:This kit encourages children to use and build teamwork and collaboration skills at an early age.
- Emu: Build and create by using the basic concepts of the English language to help developing minds grow.
- Native Animal Scene: A fantastic ensemble that will really help improve fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Candice the Cockatoo: Bring it all together with role play, song, imagination play; a range of arts and craft activities that will have your children beaming.
What about the preschoolers?
For the children preparing to head into the exciting world of kindergarten and school, we have a kit that’s specially designed to assist with developmental benefits. Explore native fauna in ensembles such as:
- Brown Snake: An activity that builds collaboration skills through roleplay and is based around numbers to help children develop their fine motor and counting skills through fun art activities.
- Platypus: Let the little ones roleplay the lifecycle of this iconic mammal. Kangaroo: Help introduce children to the concept of letters as they assemble their own kangaroo through craft.
Tip: This kit also comes with the K is For activity, which helps children learn about their letters as well as improve their teamwork, fine motor and collaboration skills through roleplaying. We also recommend the iconic Australian book Wombat Stew by Marcia Vaughan, if you’re looking for a timeless Australian animal classic.
Remember that arts and crafts are a beneficial part of learning and experimentation; playtime should always be about embracing curiosity and sparking invention and helping your kids apply these skills furthers their ability to explore confidently and express themselves. As Willy Wonka once said: